Snort mailing list archives

Re: libmysqlclient.so.12 error when I start snort.

From: Dirk Geschke <Dirk () geschke-online de>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:40:23 +0100

Hi John,

Hello experts!!! I am trying to run snort with a mysql database
on a solaris9 box, well when I try and start snort , I get this error...

# snort -v
ld.so.1: snort: fatal: libmysqlclient.so.12: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

I configured it using --with-myql=/usr/local/mysql

the libmysql library is not in the library path. On solaris
you can either link statically (but then don't forget libz.a)
or add the dynamic library path at link time with the -R option.

Or you simply set LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql snort

Best regards

Dirk