Snort mailing list archives

Re: Oinkmaster Oddity

From: Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 11:39:28 +0100 (CET)

Hello and happy new year,

Thanks for the report, you're absolutely right except that it actually
has been answered on the lists, for example:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/snort/2003-06/0479.html

It was fixed before 0.8 by avoiding the bug in File::Copy.
Maybe there are some additional permission checks that could be done
before starting the copy, although doing too many of them can also
introduce new problems. I'll at least write a note about this in the
installation instructions.

/Andreas