Snort mailing list archives

Re: tcp resets on stealth interface

From: Edin Dizdarevic <Edin.Dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 23:56:09 +0100

Hi,

I think that should work since libnet is working besides the kernel,
just like libpcap. AFAIK libpcap and libnet actually use the same
mechanisms provided by the system (LSF/BPF respectively), however two
different system libraries have been developped for those two tasks.

Anyone mit steadier knowledge on this present? :-|

It would also be interessting to see, which MAC is being used
then. For the remote "attacker" this may be irrelevant but if you
for instance somewhere filter on MACs a possible pitfall.

Would you please be so kind and report your results. 8)

Thanks and best regards,
Edin

agnelo d wrote:

Hello, I've setup the snort IDS with flexresp enabled. I would like
to know if it is possible to send out tcp resets on the stealth
interface. (interface with no IP address)

Agnelo