Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.1.0 rules won't update in SnortCenter

From: Jason Alexander <lists () itsecurity3 its uiowa edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:25:24 -0600

Jeff,

That's becasue SnortCenter doesn't know about all the rules changes in
Snort 2.1.  When you try to import some of the rules thare aren't fields
in the database that are needed and you get the SQL Error. It also doesn't know anything about some of the preprocessors.

 I'm currently working on trying to addapt Snort Center to work with
2.1 but my schedule has kept me away for the last couple of days (Beagle). If I get it working I'll post my revised code here

Jason Alexander
IT Security
University of Iowa

Jeff Evenson wrote:
I have been attempting to use SnortCenter to update rules via the internet or file upload. I've changed the path in the config.php to point to the snortrules-current file. It is now downloading to the SnortCenter, but I find the following errors:

Database ERROR:Database ERROR:You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'yes' )' at line 1

Also, each rule it errors out on is preceded by "Unknown Rule option: ..."

Has anyone seen this?

tks,

Jeff

Jeff Evenson CISSP, MCSE, GSEC