Snort mailing list archives

Snort 2.1.0 rules won't update in SnortCenter

From: "Jeff Evenson" <Jeff.Evenson () midwestwireless com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:42:21 -0600

I have been attempting to use SnortCenter to update rules via the
internet or file upload. I've changed the path in the config.php to
point to the snortrules-current file.  It is now downloading to the
SnortCenter, but I find the following errors:

Database ERROR:Database ERROR:You have an error in your SQL syntax.
Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'yes' )' at line 1

Also, each rule it errors out on is preceded by "Unknown Rule option:
..."

Has anyone seen this?

tks,

Jeff