Snort mailing list archives

Re: I have deleted the file /var/log/snort/alert and i dont see snort writing on it now.

From: Michael Boman <michael.boman () securecirt com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 00:01:56 +0800

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 16:05, soldier Mx wrote:
** Other thing
I wanna upgrade snort 2.0.0 -> 2.0.5 im using gentoo,
the upgrade will delete all the custom configurations
that i have made, files, confs, rules ??
or they will be there..
heh.

No, Gentoo will not overwrite your configuration files for you. Use
'etc-update' to migrate any changes. If you have any problems with the
Gentoo ebuild feel free to bug me at mboman () gentoo org as I am the
maintainer of the said ebuild.

While you are at it, could you test out the 2.0.6 ebuild? I am planning
to make it stable early next week and any additional testing is most
welcome.

(ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge -pv net-analyzer/snort)

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--
Michael Boman