Snort mailing list archives

Query on processor(frag2)

From: WAN FAT WU <wuwanfat () yahoo com hk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:07:59 +0800 (CST)

Dear friends,

  I have one question on processors(frag2).
  As I know, frag2 can rebuild each packet from the
pieces and passes the full packet through for
detection once the the process is done,right?
  However, where did snort rebuild the packets? in
memory? or in harddisk?
  If it rebuilds in memory, then will the memory be
crashed? If it rebuilds in harddisk, then will it be
attacked(as the file was run)?

Happy New Year!
Fred