Snort mailing list archives

Re: Where can i get a Simlation attack to see if all my rules work! ?

From: Dirk Geschke <Dirk_Geschke () genua de>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:05:50 +0100

Hi Soldier,

yeah i need some thing to test my rules,, i heard
something about it, but i dont know where could i get
a simulation atack!!

one possibility to test most of the rules is the
false-positive-generator 'fpg' which is part of
FLoP:

http://www.geschke-online.de/FLoP

Not all keywords are yet supported and you have either
to disable the stream4 preprocessor or remove the
"established" keyword to generate alerts. Otherwise
all packets are dropped because they don't belong
to a real connection.

Some documentation can be found at

http://www.geschke-online.de/doc/c1782.html

or the manual page