Snort mailing list archives

Re: Reconstruction of TCP packets

From: Rajesh Joseph <tech_joseph () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:10:21 -0800 (PST)

No you are not getting my point.... suppose you are
monintoring some keyword (for some attack type) in the
tcp packets. e.g. "sourceforge.net" If this keyword is
present in a single packet then you can log that
particular packet... But suppose this particular
packet is splitted in two packets like
Packet 1 :: Data sdfd ... source
Packet 2 :: forge.net Data  gfhgdfsdgf ....
Now the sourceforge.net is splitted in two packets and
thus snort is not detecting the keyword.

Eventhough I am enabling stream4_reassemble it is not
doing so.

Rajesh

--- Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 05:19:22AM -0800, Rajesh