Snort mailing list archives

Re: Some please help me..

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:21:29 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 pctech2000 () juno com wrote:

[...snip...]

 FATAL ERROR: /etc/snort/rules//bad-traffic.rules(13) => Unknown ClassType: misc-activity
  I have read until blue in the face and can find nothing, perhaps I
  missed something key. But if you or anyone you know has any
  information that could solve this Un-Solved Mystery, please contact me
  through the list.

When updating, be sure and move over all the files in the etc/ directory.
You need classification.config, sid.map, etc.

Copy those files over, restart Snort and away you go.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams