Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort install

From: Thomas Bechtold <Thomas () jpberlin de>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:07:56 +0100

Am Sonntag, 14. März 2004 18:24 schrieb Mario Guerendo:

I have downloading snort 2.1.0 on my windows 2003 machine.  For some reason
I can't seem to be able to actually run the snort.
I found the snort.exe file, but when I double click nothing happens.  So my
question is to know if anyone knows how to install and run snort.  I have a
snort manual, but it doesn't say anything about installing and running.

Hope you have installed winpcap. You need this library to take packages from
the networkinterface. You can download this lib under
http://winpcap.polito.it/

Hope this helps,

Thomas

p.s. never installed snort under win. feel free and use linux:-)