Snort mailing list archives

Snort Install

From: "Shabbar Arsiwala" <sarsiwala () obleness org>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:29:59 -0500

Hi,

I am in the process of installing Snort on Red Hat 9.0. During the install I
was able to setup and compile Snort 2.0.2. I am currently at the step where
it asks me to set Snort to start automatically. The manual reads as follows:
Use the script located in the contrib directory, S99snort. Copy it to
/etc/init.d and call it snort. (cp contrib/S99snort /etc/init.d/snort).

I cannot seem to find S99snort in the contrib directory. Can someone please
guide me as to whether I am looking at the right place or if I am missing
something.

Thanks,
Shabbar

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain PRIVILEGED or
CONFIDENTIAL information, including CONFIDENTIAL MEDICAL RECORDS OR
INFORMATION, and may be read or used only by the intended recipient.  If you
are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments,
please be advised that you have received the same in error and that any use,
dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email
or any attached files is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
email in error, please immediately destroy it and all attachments and notify
the sender (by phone or reply email) and the O'Bleness Memorial Hospital
Security Officer (740/592-9380 or security () obleness org). Thank you.