Snort mailing list archives

RE: Question about best hardware

From: "Kreimendahl, Chad J" <Chad.Kreimendahl () umb com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 12:07:26 -0600

Hardware won't be your problem.  Once you get around 100k events in the
snortdb on MySQL you'll run into major performance problems that almost
no amount of hardware seems to solve.   If you don't have issues
relating to how long you legally have to keep that data, then I
recommend purging what you can.