Snort mailing list archives

Re: config PHP for Snort in RH9

From: Mark Fagan <r00t () online ie>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:25:26 +0000

David,

The error below indicates a syntax error in the ./configure statement:

I use the following syntax:

./configure --prefix=/www/php --with-apxs2=/www/bin/apxs --with-config-file-
path=/www/php --enable-sockets --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-zlib-
dir=/usr/local --with-gd

Which as you will agree is similar to yours. The problem I usually have is when
I paste this command via a SSH session from a windows box ... the syntax gets
f***** up some how.

I suggest you manually type the command above.

Quoting David Alonso De La Vega Tapage <delavegad () bancoaliado com>:

Hi all ..

I have a little situation that I can't find solution or info in the net=20
..  and is  it ..

when

./configure --prefix=3D/www/php --with-apxs2=3D/www/bin/apxs=20
--with-config-file-path=3D/www/php --enable-sockets=20
--with-mysql=3D/usr/local/mysql --with-zlib-dir=3D/usr/local --with-gd

get this at final ..

if configure fails try --with-jpeg-dir=3D<DIR>
configure: error: libpng.(a|so) not found

but this lib stay in /usr/lib/libpng....

I'm very complicated at this point, does using the RH9 intalation manuan=20
the found in snort site ..

Thanx in advance for all ideas ..

David Alonso
Panam=E1