Snort mailing list archives

RE: welchia rule

From: "Leonard Miller" <Leonard.Miller () udlp com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 14:38:52 -0600

Would it matter if the payload was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
and not aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa
The reason I ask is that I saw on arachNIDS that the rule was a little
different and picked up as CyberKit 2.2 Windows

Thanks
Leonard
Automatically inserted lawyer supplied blurb follows

"Leonard Miller" <Leonard.Miller () udlp com> 11/04/03 12:10PM >>>
Hi,
I just started using snort.  In order to use this rule, do I just add
that
to the virus.rules file and enable the rule in snort.conf?
If I should start with something a little more simple, let me know.

Thanks
Leonard
Automatically inserted lawyer supplied blurb follows.

"Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu> 11/04/03 10:44AM >>>