Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort logging to encrypted MySQL (ssl) server?

From: "jon baer" <security () jonbaer net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 06:59:13 -0500

do you have a normal ssl connection setup (like with the mysql client) that
works correctly without using snort?  it may be that you just need to
recompile snort with that version of mysql (wild guess) ... but i know you
would need to alter the grant tables as they do need ssl options:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Secure_GRANT.html

im going to attempt this later to see if i can get it working as if only
used ssh tunneling til now.

- jon