Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID Email alerts

From: Ben Nelson <lists () venom600 org>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:06:19 -0700

I wrote a python script that emails me summaries of my Snort MySQL database and has the ability to page me when a certain threshold is reached. You can find it at:
http://www.venom600.org/code/SnortSlinger/

It was a quick hack until I get have some free personal time to put into some form of instantaneous event correlation and paging/emailing system.....but it works pretty well if you're logging to a MySQL database.

--Ben