Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID Email alerts

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:12:02 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Peters, Michael D. [mailto:Michael.Peters () acbl net]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 6:24 AM
To: 'Krueger, Brian'
Cc: Snort-Users@Lists. Sourceforge. Net (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] ACID Email alerts

Just curious ... I configured the acid_conf.php email section
but I do not get email alerts. Is there another component I
need to set up to get email to work? I can sent myself email
properly on the local box so I know it is not an smtp service
problem. I assume it is a configuration issue I have not set
up properly.

ACID does not send automated email alerts.  You have to send them
manually.  Once you've done a search or you've viewed a particular
alert, you will see some boxes at the bottom.  If you click on the
action drop down box, you will see that you have several options; email
alerts (full), email alerts (summary) and email alerts (csv).  You type
the email address you want the alerts sent to in the action textbox and
then click on "Selected" or "ALL on Screen".

Be careful with this.  The emails can be quite large.  Full will send
everything, including the payload.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas