Snort mailing list archives

RE: MS03-043

From: "Adams, Samuel (contractor)" <AdamsS () eur disa mil>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:54:55 -0000

I would add a sid and revision number (something like sid: 1000005; rev: 1).

Remember that all sids under 1,000,000 are reserved. Also it might not be a
bad
idea to throw a size in there. Maybe dsize: >100? Should improve performance
if
nothing else. If you can make more sense of the exploit code than I can you
can
probably come up with a better number.

Do you have a packet capture of an exploit attempt? I'd like to see it if
you
wouldn't mind. Thanks,

Sam