Snort mailing list archives

Problem with MSSQL and ACID

From: ramesh naidu <vrnaidu1976 () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 07:27:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I configured snort on windows to log alets to MSSQL.
And it is doing good. But the problem is when i
configured ACID, it is giving error like this:

Warning: mssql_pconnect(): Unable to connect to
server: 10.128.11.221:1433 in
c:\adodb\drivers\adodb-mssql.inc.php on line 321

Error (p)connecting to DB : snort@10.128.11.221:1433

Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php

               = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name
where the alerts are stored
               = $alert_host     : host where the
database is stored
               = $alert_port     : port where the
database is stored
               = $alert_user     : username into the
database
               = $alert_password : password for the
username

I configured user "snort" to log to database and user
"acid" to access database thru acid. I checked all
permissions. With both users, snort and acid, i can
log to database but i am unable to access database
thru acid. Can anyone help me?

thanks in advance

ramesh