Snort mailing list archives

Home nets and pruning my alerts

From: ccidsh-snort.org () swarfega net
Date: 15 Oct 2003 18:14:09 -0000

Hi.

I've got Snort up and running, but instead of detecting inbound scans, I want to detect only outbound scans caused by
the Nachi virus. My home net is [x.y.208.0/27,x.y.224.0/27], but I suspect that I need to set my home net to any and
other networks to the above in order to be "protecting" the world from outbound scans.

That does seem to work, and the only outbound scans I see are in the above address range, while before I was getting
alerts from x.y.251 and friends. However, I am getting loads of alerts about Nachi infections on
x.somewhere_else.0.0/16 and I'd like to restrict the alerts only to my network hosts. Is there an easy way to do this
in the snort.conf file?

Thanks,

Iain Hallam.