Snort mailing list archives

RE: Not Picking up Much WHY "I am pulling out myhair"

From: "Elijah Savage" <esavage () digitalrage org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 06:58:23 -0400

Snort is running on the firewall itself monitoring the outside interface
directly connected to the net. This is why I am amazed that it is not
picking up anything more. I have just checked it again this morning and
nothing but ICMP. And from everything I have read it says snort running
on a firewall will see every packet before pf does and before any
filtering happens.