Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem with web-iis rules

From: "Yan Zhai" <yzhai () unity ncsu edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:34:51 -0400 (EDT)

I actually had the http decoder on, I deleted it accidentally when posting
the configuration here (while deleting all the comments).

The attacks are real attacks instead of a packet containing those patterns.

I tried different ways to make the 2.0.2 detect the attacks, including
turning on/off stream4 and removing the flow:established in the rule file.
 But when I finally went back to the 1.9.1, which used to detect those
attacks in an experiment several months ago, the snort can detect my
attacks again.  I don't know what caused the problem, but I think I will
use the 1.9.1 in the later experiments for this time.

BTW, is there any option that I can use to make the snort output the
unformatted timestamps(the long int format) instead of the formatted ones?