Snort mailing list archives

Fix for 2.1 sp_session.c

From: Kenneth Ingham <snort-users () i-pi com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:35:15 -0700

I ran into a problem where snort 2.1 was dying on my FreeBSD box.  In
tracking down the (not snort) problem, I improved the error message so
future people with problems here will know what is wrong without having
to make this patch themselves.

Here's a patch.

Pugillis# diff -c sp_session.c{,.orig}
*** sp_session.c        Mon Dec 22 19:23:00 2003
--- sp_session.c.orig   Mon Dec 22 19:22:13 2003
***************
*** 358,364 ****
      {
          if(errno != EEXIST)
          {
!             FatalError("Problem creating directory %s: %s\n",log_path, strerror(errno));
          }
      }

--- 358,364 ----
      {
          if(errno != EEXIST)
          {
!             FatalError("Problem creating directory %s\n",log_path);
          }
      }

Kenneth Ingham