Snort mailing list archives

Re: Upgrading Snortalog.pl v1.9 to v2.0.0???

From: jérémy chartier <jeremy.chartier () free fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:24:25 +0100

Hi,

In fact, your problem comes from 2.0 snortalog release. TK is activate by default and
apparently, you don't have the Tk libraries.

I propose you to edit snortalog.pl and comment the line which load TK module. Do like this :
# Graphical Tool Kit Librairies
#use Tk; $TK = 1;                    # use Tk for using GUI
#use Tk::NoteBook; $TK = 2;        # use Tk::NoteBook for using GUI

Jérémy

Hi, All;

Dose anyone use snortalog.pl for snort log report and
analysis?

It has been working very well for me using
snortalog_v1.9 running on Solaris 8.

I have noticed snortalog_v2.0.0 available, I
downloaded and trying to upgrade mine. After I:
#gunzip snortalog_v2.0.0.tgz

then:

#tar -xf snortalog_v2.0.0.tar

It dose not work. and reported error below:
snort# perl snortalog_v2.0.0.pl -v
Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
snortalog_v2.0.0.pl line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
snortalog_v2.0.0.pl line 12.

I even downloaded and installed Tk800, still not
working. By the way, the snortalog_v1.9 still works now.
Dose anyone have done this before can show me some
tips, or anyone has experience doing this kind of
upgrades please?

Thanks in advance!
SW.