Snort mailing list archives

Re: Remote Sensor??

From: Valter Santos <vsantola () devfusion net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:41:12 +0000

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 18:22, kerberos K wrote:
On the remote machine, I have installed Snort, configured it to run as a
Win2k Service, edited my Snort.conf file, and used the existing MySQL
database as the "ouput plugin". However, when I attempt to connect to the
remote database, I get an error, saying

" E&#9830;Host '198.1.xxx.xxx' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL
server

Connection to host lost."

Hmmm... seams like the user you are using to connect to database have no
grants.

Try this as mysql root user on mysql server:

grant select, update, insert, delete on `<acid_db_name>`.* to

where
        <acid_db_name> is the database name of your acid db
        <username> is the mysql user you are using to connect to the
                   mysql server
        <hostname> is the hostname or ip addr of the remote sensor
        <password> is the password for <username>

hope this helps ;)

/valter

--

Valter Santos