Snort mailing list archives

Re: -l parameter

From: adam_peterson () splwg com
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:25:13 -0800

Thanks to John and Michael's advice, I've removed the -N parameter from
the Snort command line so it will indeed log to a directory in case I lose
communication with my db.  I'm executing these commands in crontab:

3 16 * * * find /var/log/snort -atime +7 -exec rm -rf {} \;
4 16 * * * mkdir /var/log/snort

The mkdir was necessary because "rm -rf" removes the snort directory.  Is
it possible to avoid this?  Thanks again for the advice from both of you.

Adam Peterson | Senior WAN Engineer | SPL WorldGroup |
adam_peterson () splwg com | +1.415.357.4787