Snort mailing list archives

RE: -l parameter

From: "Ed Callahan" <snort () edcallahan com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 11:54:41 -0600

Adam -

On my win32 installation this is what worked to avoid any logging files at
all: In my snort.conf these two output commands:

output database: alert, mssql, dbname=snort user=*** password=*** host=***
output log_null

and command line

snort -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l c:\snort\log

The -l is required and the c:\snort\log directory must exist, but it is
empty.

The output log_null is the non-obvious part (to me at least).

Ed Callahan
snort () edcallahan com