Snort mailing list archives

Log Rotation

From: "Keaton, Lindamaria" <LKeaton () unionsafe com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:46:05 -0800

Hello everyone. I'm trying to configure snort to rotate logs into a
specific directory either every night and then have snort restart it's
service. Right now I have a configuration setup that is sort of working
but it's not every night or when it reaches a certain limit.

/var/log/snort/alert {
        compress
        size=1k
        olddir /var/log/snort-backups
        mail networkadmin () unionsafe com
        postrotate
                /sbin/killall -HUP snort
        endscript
}

Plus this configuration does not restart the service. I have to reboot
the server every morning to get snort running again.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can configure this to work?

Lindamaria