Snort mailing list archives

Re: postgresql backend

From: Bryan Irvine <bryan.irvine () kingcountyjournal com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:30:27 -0800

what error are you getting?

have you tried

./configure --with-postgresql=DIR --with-libpq-includes=DIR
--with-libpq-libraries=DIR

--Bryan

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 13:10, Nicholas Bernstein wrote:
I'm trying to compile snort with support for a mysql backend, but am
having problems getting it to work. I've tried several different
incarnations of the ./configure based on
      "./configure --with-postgresql --with-mysql"
      "./configure --with-postgresql=/usr/include/pgsql --with-mysql"
      "./configure --with-postgresql=/var/lib/pgsql --with-mysql"

I looked through the user manual, went through google results, and
searched the mailing list archives for '--with-postgresql'. I'm pretty
sure that this is a fairly common setup and was hoping someone could
point out what I'm doing wrong. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Nick