Snort mailing list archives

Re: postgresql backend

From: "John Creegan" <jcreegan () questarweb com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:31:54 -0600

If you want mysql, I would start by dumping all the postgres references,
but by your subject line you really do want postgres.  The configure
options you used are referencing both.

I used MySQL, and thus the command:
        "./configure --with-mysql"

This works if mysql is installed in the standard directories (as from a
precompiled binary or from source without an alternate installation
directory specified).

There's another argument to the configure script to specify where MySQL
is if in a nonstandard location... but regrettably I can't remember what
it is, though I *think* it's --with-mysql-dir=DIR, where DIR is the full
path to the MYSQL installation dir.

If you really do want postgres, replace "mysql" with "postgres"
everywhere.

Nicholas Bernstein <nick () docmagic com> 12/02/03 03:10PM >>>
I'm trying to compile snort with support for a mysql backend, but am
having problems getting it to work. I've tried several different
incarnations of the ./configure based on
        "./configure --with-postgresql --with-mysql"
        "./configure --with-postgresql=/usr/include/pgsql --with-mysql"
        "./configure --with-postgresql=/var/lib/pgsql --with-mysql"

I looked through the user manual, went through google results, and
searched the mailing list archives for '--with-postgresql'. I'm pretty
sure that this is a fairly common setup and was hoping someone could
point out what I'm doing wrong. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Nick
--
| Nicholas Bernstein            | nick () docmagic com             |
| UNIX Systems Administrator    | http://www.docmagic.com       |

information intended for a specific individual and purpose,
and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure,copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking
of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.