Snort mailing list archives

Snort 2.0.5 TCP Stream Fix Increases Performance

From: "Mark Ewert" <mewert () ihcis com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:51:48 -0500

Greetings everyone,

Based on my testing it looks like the Stream4 Preprocessor fixes in
v2.0.5 dramatically speeds up performance. I went from an average of 35
- 40% dropped packets to 15% with the same amount of network traffic
(and no other configuration changes). I also noticed Snort detected many
more unique signatures (which may have been in the dropped packets). So,
assuming these stats are accurate - good fixes!

Mark

Mark F. Ewert, Principal Systems Architect

Integrated Healthcare Information Services

www.ihcis.com <http://www.ihcis.com/>

This e-mail and the information transmitted within it is intended only
for the recipient(s) to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of; or taking of any action in reliance upon this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please send the e-mail back to notify the
sender and delete the message and its contents from any computers and
network systems involved in its receipt. Thank you.