Snort mailing list archives

Re: compiling snort with --mssql option

From: adam_peterson () splwg com
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:36:23 -0800

From my experience, no.  I was told to use the ODBC option instead if
compliling on any form of UNIX as there's no library available for MS SQL
in UNIX.  If you do use ODBC, you then need the ODBC-to-ODBC bridge
software that adds another layer of complexity and dependency.  I just
spent the last month trying different databases only to come to the
conclusion that the best solution for integrating UNIX and Windows sensors
with a Windows-based server is MySQL as it's the only universal db with
good documentation and support in the Snort community.