Snort mailing list archives

Re: Again Bus Error

From: Cabotse Aurélien <aurelien.cabotse () srt-poste fr>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:31:19 +0200

Erek Adams a écrit:

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, pingouin osmolateur wrote:

I use Snort 2.0.0 on a SPARC linux and I ve a Bus Error
I see a lot of respons about this problem and some file patch.

Does somebody have a solution and all the patch to resolv this problem.
I don't want to upgrade to snort 2.0.1 or to disable spp_stream4
tanks for your respons

I'd say you really should upgrade.  There's not that much of a change from
a user perspective to 2.0.1, but there's a ton of changes under the hood.
IIRC, this problem was addressed in 2.0.1 or in CVS.  I'd say try 2.0.1
and see if it has the problem, but leave your 2.0.0 in place.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

I ve  compil and install 2.0.1 and I still have the same problem
I launch snort and 2 minutes after it crachs.
How to resolv it ?
Thanks

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 2.0.1 (Build 88)
By Martin Roesch (roesch () sourcefire com, www.snort.org)

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 14623)]
BuildPacket (s=0xa32f08, stream_size=6, p=0xeffff5a8, direction=0) at spp_stream4.c:4053
4053            stream_pkt->iph->ip_src.s_addr = p->iph->ip_dst.s_addr;

--
Aurélien Cabotse
aurelien.cabotse () srt-poste fr