Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort snmp plugin

From: Glenn Mansfield Keeni <glenn () cysols com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:05:18 +0900

Hi,

Lee Nelson Civ AFRL/IFGA wrote:
Hello all,

This is my first time posting so if I sound like I don't know what I'm
talking about, please forgive me.

I've been reading up on the list the past few days finding out about the new
snmp plugin that was released, but it seems like I can no longer access the
webpage from where I am. Can anyone access the page:
http://www.cysols.com/contrib/snortsnmp/index.html
Should be OK now.

My second problem is that I was able to get the file and attempt to add snmp
support. I'm running redhat 9, snort 2.0.0.

    There seems to be a mistake in the README.SNMP file. Please try
               zcat SnortSnmpPatch-2.0.0-01.gz | patch -c -p1
instead of     zcat SnortSnmpPatch-2.0.0-01.gz | patch -c

    I have checked that this works for snort-2.0.0 and snort-2.0.1. The
patch, configure and did go through.

I get four errors, two of which were easily fixed. The first two were that
the path to etc/snort.conf and plugbase.c couldn't be found or patched, but
I filled in the correct path when prompted. (I don't know if anyone else has
had this problem) The last two problems occur when trying to patch the
Makefile.am and Makefile.in, I get the following
errors:

patching file Makefile.am
Hunk #1 FAILED at 3
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.am.rej
patching file Makefile.in
Hunk #1 FAILED at 84
Hunk #2 FAILED at 99
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.in.rej

I try to configure anyway and get a undefined reference to 'SnmpTrapSetup'
in plugbase.c.

Please help anybody. I am a novice at snort trying to set up snmp support.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Glenn