Snort mailing list archives

OT: MySQL client compatibility?

From: "Gordon Cunningham" <gcunnin2 () bellsouth net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:54:58 -0400

This is a bit off-topic, but relevant to those of us upgrading snort and
barnyard systems.

Are the MySQL 4.x clients backward compatible with MySQL 3.x server?

I'm not getting any db reporting/inserting after building a test snort
sniffer with the MySQL 4.0.14 client, with a central 3.x server which is
front-ended by ACID.  Anyone else seeing problems like this?  A search of
the MySQL mailing list archives doesn't mention anything along these lines.
I really don't want to upgrade my central server at the moment...

- Gordon

"The software said it requires Windows 98 or better, so I installed
Linux..."