Snort mailing list archives

RE: where to get really get Win32 Snort binaries?

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:51:55 -0700

Erek,

Just to let everyone know; the Snort binaries that are featured at
www.Winsnort.com and www.SiliconDefense.com are binaries created by Chris
Reid (http://www.codecraftconsultants.com). Once the auto Installer was
created I felt that it was really unnecessary to create the builds when
Chris was compiling them in a timely fashion.

Note to Chris: Thank you very much for your contributions to the Snort
Windows community. It is appreciated by all.

There is also way more to www.Winsnort.com and www.SiliconDefense.com as far
as just the Snort Binaries for Windows. There are complete guides for
installing an IDS using Snort for the Windows platform. These guides have
been converted to almost every language. These binaries and windows
installation guides are for everyone, regardless of who they are. It's a
free service provided by Silicon Defense (www.silicondefense.com) and
Dynamic Data Solutions (www.winsnort.com).

The guides are updated often, keeping all the latest support programs
available, tested and available through the downloading options in the
guides.

Silicon Defense (www.silicondefense.com) and Dynamic Data Solutions
(www.winsnort.com) provide free support through the lists and we answer
dozens of email questions each week, as a free service. We are trying to
support and promote Snort as much as we can. We are just one little tiny
piece in the big picture.

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels () winsnort com