Snort mailing list archives

RE: SNORT on Solaris

From: "Gregorcy" <briangregorcy () m2-corp com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:24:18 -0600

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like you have gcc installed but cc is first in the path, so
Solaris is using that compiler (which dosen't work for very many freeware
programs).  If you logon as root you need to make sure /usr/local/bin/gcc is
before /usr/bin/css or /usr/css/bin (I can't remember which it is).  You can
set this in a file called .profile located in /.  If it is not there you
need to create it.  Make the file look like this:

PATH=/usr/local/bin:./main:.
export PATH

And then you need to close your telnet/ssh session for the changes to be
updated.  BTW I am not a solaris expert, but that is how I have gotten it to
work and there are probably other ways to accomplish this.

Good Luck,

Brian Gregorcy
M2 Network Support
briangregorcy () m2-corp com