Snort mailing list archives

Re: 2.0 GB Max file size on linux packet captures

From: Shane Williams <shanew () shanew net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:35:12 -0500 (CDT)

Note that it's not just the OS or Filesystem that needs LFS support,
but libpcap as well.  Most 2.4 kernel based linux distros can already
handle large files, but for some reason, many of the libs and
utilities they provide don't use it.  In my experience libpcap is one
of these.  For me, this has meant recompiling libpcap with the extra
flags mentioned at the URL Erek provided (and then recompiling tcpdump
or snort, though I don't think they need the flags themselves, they
just need to point to the right libpcap).