Snort mailing list archives

Re: thresholding

From: Doug Nordwall <doug () pnl gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:38:13 -0700

sent off list, but snort version is 2.0.2

On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 02:19 PM, Chris Green wrote:

Doug Nordwall <doug () pnl gov> writes:

I'm trying to suppress or threshold a particular rule with snort
2.0.2. I've read the README.thresholding over and am attempting the
following

rule is sid:483 (the cyberkit..i'm trying to squelch welchia a bit)

I put in a line in snort.conf for rules in local-limits.rules

the file itself says:
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 483

That should work. Mind sending your output of snort -V and your
snort.conf?
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Chicken's thinkin'

Doug Nordwall                                   doug () pnl gov
pgp fingerprint: 3CC7 B302 CB87 BCF3 F080  DF9D 43DF A123 D9D3 074E