Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rule for Sobig

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:59:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Timm Schneider wrote:

i got an Mailserver(official) behind my Iptables+Snort FW.

I would like to filter the Sobig Worm on my Snort.
How should i do that?
Where i can find any rule for that?
I become in an hour about 50 Mails with sobig on my
Mailserver.

How?  By using the right tool for the job.  And here's a hint:  It's not
Snort.

Use a virus filter on your mailserver.  That should take care of you.
Just google on '"sobig.f filter" mailserver' (no single quotes on the
search line) and you should find tons of hits.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams