Snort mailing list archives

RE: Rule for Sobig

From: "D@7@K|N&" <dataking () cox net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:53:51 -0700

You may want to pair this rule with one built on port 8998.  This is the
port the worm listens on after a system has been compromised.

For example...

alert tcp any any -> any 25 (msg:"Probable Sobig.F Backdoor";\content:" - <
NOT QUITE SURE WHAT SHOULD GO HERE> - ";\sid:9000020;
classtype:misc-activity; rev:1;)

-= tH3 D@7@K|N& =-