Snort mailing list archives

Re: Prevent ARP attack on NIDS sniffer.

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:10:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Sam Wun wrote:

How can I configure a NIDS sinffer to avoid ARP attack?
If an NIC of the NIDS configured without IP but still need to enabled
MAC configured (by default assigned by system).
May be my question is out of scope, but really wondering how to hide MAC
as well?? and the impact to the NIDS?

Use a ethernet tap.

Use a ReadOnly cable.

Done. :)