Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort sniffer in Switch network enviornment.

From: "Jade E. Deane" <jade.deane () riven net>
Date: 20 Aug 2003 17:19:24 -0500

This depends on your switch and software.  I suggest you research "port
span" if you have a Cisco Catalyst.

Regards,
Jade

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 23:19, Sam Wun wrote:
Dear all,

How can I make Snort sniff all packets in a switch network enivironemtn?
May be there is some special Cisco Switch has special port allow it to
record all packets of the network?

Thanks
sam