Snort mailing list archives

Re: Promiscuous mode

From: "John Creegan" <jcreegan () questarweb com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:40:33 -0500

For all those following my promiscuous NIC problem, case closed.  I
installed the "ifstatus" tool.  When snort is running it reports that my
sniffer interface (and only my sniffer interface) as being in
promiscuous mode.  When snort is not running, this interface is not in
promiscuous mode.

At long last!  On to rule management!

information intended for a specific individual and purpose,
and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any
disclosure,copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking
of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.