Snort mailing list archives

RE: Logging Snort data as statistic data in Postgre sql.

From: SRH-Lists <giermo () 333tech com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:38:50 -0500

Dear all

I want to use Snort as a Ethernet sniffer and log all traffic data in
Postgresql database and sorted by hostname (IP), packet size, type of
traffic (TCP, UPD, ICMP, etc), destination address, date... This means
that I need to have a middle-ware/script to do the parsing of
the snort
data before take it into database.

Is there a way to confnigure snort to parsing the log data for
Postgresql or MySQL database table?

Thanks
Sam

You really don't want to use snort for this.  Ntop or MRTG would be a
better choice in that they are designed for just this purpose.

-steve