Snort mailing list archives

Q: Barnyard on multiple interfaces

From: "Gordon Cunningham" <gacunningham () bellsouth net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:41:01 -0400

I'm having problems with running snort on 3-4 interfaces on the same machine
(separate invocations, conf and log files - one for each interface), and
running barnyard to pick up the logs and insert them into a remote ACID
MySQL database (again, separate invocation and conf files - one for each
interface).  The main problem I'm seeing is either the db inserts don't work
at all, or all implementations of barnyard input the same info into all
sensor ID's (the primary snort interface).

Details on request.

- Gordon

"The software said it requires Windows 98 or better, so I installed
Linux..."