Snort mailing list archives

Re: Installing Snort with PHP, MySQL, ACID,etc

From: "Gary and El Byrnes" <elgaz () iprimus com au>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:42:02 +1000

Hi Patrick

Thanks a lot for your message. I have use the following as per your manual (Jesus! Just realized it was your personal
one!).

I used ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=/software/apache/apache_1.3.27 --enable-sockets -with-zlib-dir=/usr/local
--with-gd

It is a funny story. I installed everything according to your manual on RedHat 8.0 and it all worked, including PHP and
the PHP script of the networking tool that you provided the link for. This time, on a cleanly installed (from scratch -
not upgraded) RH9.0 I can't get the same thing to work. I already looked into FAQs on the main php site, they had no
resolution for my problem except some vague suggestion.

I also tried upgrading the RH8.0+Snort1.9.1 to RH9.0+Snort2.0. Nearly everything is working fine except there is
something wrong with the path (even though I added /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql and /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and
ran ldconfig as a root, when I do echo $PATH none of them come up, unless I manually go PATH=....., of course it is
lost on the reboot), the result of which is when I type mysql or mysql -p the commands are not recognised. When I add
the above two lines to the PATH=... mysql starts working and accepting mysql and mysql -p. I am wondering what went
wrong there.

I hope I am making sense. I am very new to all this, but loving it.

Best regards

Elvira

PS I am so glad your fiancée didn't stumble over these problems :)