Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.0.0 with mysql

From: Mike Chandler <mchandl12000 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:53:02 -0700 (PDT)

I would go back and install mysql and snort 1.9.1 from
rpm's and get that working.  Then step up to snort
2.0.0. Follow the guide for Redhat 7.3, Mysql and Acid
on the documentation page at www.snort.org.  I'm
certainly no expert but that worked for me.  Upgrading
to snort 2.0 was no real problem until I tried to go
to Redhat 9.0.  Don't doit!  I've had nothing but
troubles.
--- David Alonso De La Vega Tapage
<delavegad () bancoaliado com> wrote:
if I don't use  mysql in my snort.conf ..  file ..
snort function fine
..   the problem  is the mysql support ..

Mike Chandler wrote:

Maybe the snort executeable didn't get copied to
your
executeable directory directory.  You may need to
copy
you Snort-2.0.0/src/snort executeable
/usr/sbin/snort or wherever you have your
executeable.
To test this theory try "snort -V" snort report
its
version.

--- David Alonso De La Vega Tapage
<delavegad () bancoaliado com> wrote:

Do all  as you write but ..  the same problem ..
snort can't see the
mysql suppor in compilation ..

I thing maybe is a joke ..  simple thing ..  but
what is the thing . ?

Some other suggestions .. ?

Thanx for all ..

Mike Chandler wrote:

I use "./configure --prefix=/usr
--with-mysql=/usr"
then "make" and "make install".

I installed mysql from rpm's that I downloaded
from
http://mysql.orst.edu/Downloads.

I have found that make install doesn't copy

everything

over so you will have to copy your
snort-2.0.0/etc
directory to your /etc/snort directory and modify

your

/etc/rc.d/initd./snortd file.