Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.0.0 with mysql

From: David Alonso De La Vega Tapage <delavegad () bancoaliado com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:42:00 -0500

Do all as you write but .. the same problem .. snort can't see the mysql suppor in compilation ..

I thing maybe is a joke ..  simple thing ..  but what is the thing . ?

Some other suggestions .. ?

Thanx for all ..

Mike Chandler wrote:

I use "./configure --prefix=/usr --with-mysql=/usr"
then "make" and "make install".
I installed mysql from rpm's that I downloaded from
http://mysql.orst.edu/Downloads.

I have found that make install doesn't copy everything
over so you will have to copy your snort-2.0.0/etc
directory to your /etc/snort directory and modify your
/etc/rc.d/initd./snortd file.